Monday, September 14, 2009

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY FATHER ON HIS 95th.BIRTH ANNIVERSARY………..

Tribute to my Father,Mr. Prakash Manchanda
(16th. September,1914 to 12th. October,1977)


"We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents."


.... Henry Ward Beecher ( 1813-1887)


Candles may not be the Sun but they also give light
Some people in their own may enlighten the path
of those whom they embrace and make small Heavens.
It does not matter that they do not make a wordly name.
All Fathers are the best,yet few like you, so pious,generous,
So enlightened ,accomplished and humble,yet so magnetic.
Your benevolent soul full of virtue,courage and righteousness.
Memories have a life of their own, through them our loved ones stay with us, that is the beauty of life and the mystery of death.
If tears could build a stairway ,and memories a lane,we’d walk right upto Heaven and bring you home again.

It is 32 years……and we with heavy hearts remember you,your noble deeds and noble traits and still feel your comforting hand on us…..

This is how our Father raised his Five Children...........

“If I had my child to raise all over again,I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.

I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.

I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.

I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.

I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.

I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I'd do more hugging and less tugging”.

….Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"



No comments:

Post a Comment